Followers

Friday, January 5, 2018

FB blabber

- It's time.
- You are right. I need a break.
- Off late, your truth has lost humour and turned vicious.
- Yep! That's how you and I know, it's time to take a break from social media. Adios likes and notifications.


- You got me good. Ouch!
- Yes, I have been practising for some time now.
- Even your grip on the knife has improved.
- I had to work on the grip. Had to make sure the knife slid in easily from the back.
- Good job. Let me get you a tissue to clean up.


- Hope you have a restful night. Sleep well.
- I am glad we could catch up on our gossip, now I can sleep peacefully. Oh, wait, did I tell you about what that female did the other day...


- No, no, nooooooooooooo...
- Oh my gosh! Why are they dragging her by her feet? Look at the claw marks she is leaving on the floor. Is she being dragged to her execution?
- No. It's worse than that. They are dragging her into their drama and she wants no part of it. The poor doomed soul. Tsk Tsk.


- A person's interests can be perceived by taking a look at their mobile apps. Take you for example, you have 3 food delivery apps. What does that tell about you?
- Okay, yes, I love to eat. I spend more time eating than doing any other activity. It is second to sleeping. I admit I have put on 5 kilos in less than 2 months. But, I fail to see your point. Hold on, it's happy hour, pizzas are available for half the price. Gotta go, placing an order.


Like my dark chocolate bitter and dislike my white chocolate too sweet.
Maybe that's why it's easier to accept bitter truth than stomach insincere concern or praise served with a saccharine smile


Surreal, doing household chores like cleaning, scrubbing and dusting while classical music plays in the background. It's true that classical music is apt for the Regency Era where Beethoven Symphony no. 9 would play in the background as a rider and his horse gallop toward a looming castle on the big screen. The same music accompanying the sounds of running dirty dishes through water and doing the laundry (smh) feels surreal. Still, music of any kind transcends what's appropriate and just is. It's been a long time (2-3 years) since song lyrics moved me. Instead, instrumental music has been a strong companion for every emotion that gets out of control and every moment that feels hopeless. Some people can't see colours, likewise, it would be sad if music wasn't part of every day life. You are Blessed if you have the ability to see and hear, and those who create art and compose music are Gifted.

No comments: